1.5 hours (30 mins prep + 1 hour baking)
Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
This Apple & Cinnamon Tart has us hooked on a filling! ? A classic recipe to have as a staple in your baking repertoire, this will be one to pass down for generations!
This recipe was made in collaboration with Melbourne Food Nerd!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius
- Peel apples, slice thinly and remove seeds
- Add the apples to a large bowl with ⅓ cup sugar, cinnamon, vanilla essence, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Mix well and set aside
- Add flour, two tablespoons of sugar, a pinch of salt and the melted butter to an electric mixer. Mix until it starts to combine into lumps
- Add to a 20cm round tart tin and press until flat. You can use a glass to help even out the dough. Chill in the fridge for 10 mins.
- Arrange apples into the tin, starting from the outside and working in
- Sprinkle with remaining white sugar and scatter small pieces of butter on the top
- Bake for 1 hour, until the pastry is cooked and the apples are golden.
- Serve with whipped cream, enjoy!