There’s nothing like a refreshing drink after a hard day at work. Try our lemonade prosecco punch and put your feet up and enjoy within minutes!
This effortless yet elegant dish features whole wheat crepes filled with savoury pan-seared asparagus and tangy lemon ricotta. Makes a great breakfast or brunch served with a slice of prosciutto. The ricotta filling can be made in advance and kept in the fridge to save on prep time. This recipe can also be doubled with ease. Crepe batter can also be made in a blender to save on time.
- 1/2 lb of asparagus (15-20 spears), woody stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- prosciutto slices (optional)
- WHOLE WHEAT CREPES
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup milk (1%)
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
Lemon ricotta filling
In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, Dijon, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Crepes and seared asparagus
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk and salt and stir until the batter is smooth (it should have a consistency of very runny pancake batter). If it is too thick, add 1-2 more tablespoons of milk.
- Heat a lightly greased 8” non-stick pan over medium. Add ~1/3 cup of the batter to the pan, then lift and swirl the pan around to coat the bottom of the pan in the batter. Cook for 20-30 seconds or until the crepe is slightly dry around the edges and starts lifting away from the pan. Flip and cook for another 15-20 seconds. Remove the crepe from the pan and repeat the same process with the remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus spears and sear evenly on all sides for 5-8 minutes or until bright green and easily pierced with a fork.
- Season with salt **
Add approximately 1/4 cup of the ricotta filling to the inside of each crepe. Top with 4-5 spears of asparagus, 1 piece of prosciutto (if using) and roll up. Serve immediately.
**if you’re using prosciutto, I recommend skipping the salt on the asparagus to prevent over seasoning.