Your morning yoghurt, with a twist! Do you have a fussy eater in your household, that likes to say no to breakfast? This simple recipe for our berry yoghurt bark will make mornings easy, and berry delicious!
A classic holiday recipe, these gingernut cookies are made with fresh grated ginger and candied ginger for added flavour and texture. They’re crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and full of great ginger flavour!
- 2 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger root
- 4 tbsp candied ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey or light molasses
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 175’C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla extract, grated ginger, candied ginger and honey (or light molasses). Beat until combined. Add in the flour mixture and beat on low speed until evenly combined.
4. Using a 2” cookie scoop, portion the dough into balls and roll gently in the granulated sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheet 2” apart. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.