The perfect umami breakfast for all you savoury breakie lovers! This Bacon and Egg Miso Breakfast Soup is a hearty start to the day, made with love. We love ours super thick but you can add as much soupy broth as you please!
- In a saucepan, sear off your bacon and set aside on a plate lined with paper towel. Keep 1 tbsp of bacon fat in the pan.
- Sauté off the ginger and spring onions in the bacon fat, before adding 3 cups of chicken stock.
- Next, add your kale, mirin, soy sauce, and noodles, and bring to a boil. Lower your heat and cook down the kale.
- In a bowl, whisk together the miso paste and 1 cup of stock. Add this to your pot, being careful not to let your stock boil again after adding in the miso mixture.
- Gently crack in your eggs, being sure not to crack the yolk. Cover the saucepan and cook for a few mins until the egg whites become white and the yolk is firm (ish).
- Ladle the soup into two bowls, and place one egg in each bowl. Garnish with more spring onions and the fried bacon. Drizzle with a touch of sesame oil.