A fun and quick treat for kids to enjoy (and adults). This recipe is naturally sweetened with honey and made creamy with full fat yoghurt for a healthier treat. Homemade or prepared pumpkin puree will both work in this recipe.
What is your favourite flavour of yoghurt? Well now it’s our very own baked berry yoghurt! Yoghurt is such a wonderful healthy snack, unfortunately though most flavoured store bought yoghurts are full of sugar and other unnecessary ingredients.
Once you have tried our version of a berry yoghurt, we guarantee you won’t be wanting to be any flavoured yoghurts again. Baking the berries release their natural juices along with enhancing their flavour. The added spices along with the sweetness of the maple syprup is what takes the berries to the next level!
Add this yoghurt to your child lunchboxes, not only will they love it but it is so good for them. Simply store the baked berry yoghurt in a small container with a screw top lid to avoid any spillage. Ensure you pack with an ice brick in an insulated lunch box to keep cool.
Hot tip: It’s worth buying berries in bulk when they are in season, that way you can freeze them and make this recipe all year round!
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Ensure the baking paper comes up the sides of the tray to capture all the juices from the berries.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients EXCEPT the yogurt, toss the berries with a spoon so that they are covered with the, lemon vanilla, syrup and spices.
- Place the berries on to the tray and bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them towards the end of cooking time so they don’t burn. Take them out prior if you think they are done, this will be when there is plenty of juice and the berries are soft and slightly roasted.
- Once cooked, set aside to cool. Break the berries up slightly with the blunt side of a wooden spoon. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- To make your berry yoghurt, serve approximately one third of a cup of yoghurt with 1 tablespoon of the baked berries, gently stir through.
Recipe note: The baked berries are extremely versatile. Serve on top of porridge, bircher muesli, chia puddings, custard, or as a topping for a cake. Be as creative as you like!