The natural sweetness of Cara Cara oranges lends itself perfectly to this bright and zingy sorbet. It makes the perfect palate-cleansing dessert after a meaty Barbeque lunch and can be made well ahead of time and stored in the freezer. If you have kids we definitely recommend doubling this recipe as they guaranteed to want double servings.
- Zest 1 of the Cara Cara oranges.
- Juice all oranges and set aside
- Combine sugar, water, zest and lemon juice in a small saucepan and heat on low heat, stirring until sugar is completely combined.
- Add the sugar syrup mixture to the juice and stir to combine.
- If using an ice-cream maker, chill the mixture in the fridge until cooled and then churn as per manufacturers instructions.
- If not using an ice cream maker, freeze the juice mixture in a wide-bottomed container in the freezer. Once frozen, break into smaller pieces and add to a food processor or blender in batches to break it down. Re-freeze until ready to serve.