Our creamy, One-pan Thai Salmon is our new go-to dinner for a busy Friday night! Full of fresh, vibrant flavours and sweet Shallots and Potatoes, it’s sure to tick all the boxes when it comes to delicious dinners.
Nothing says summer like fish and chips! Our take on this classic dish is a bit healther than the norm because it’s baked, not fried! Served with a side salad and tartare sauce – there’s nothing better!
- 6 tbs olive oil
- 1 ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 500g skinless white fish fillets, cut into 1.5 inch-thick strips
- 3 large russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- Green side salad, to serve
- Tartare sauce, to serve
- Prepare 2 oven racks at the top and the bottom third of the oven. Place a large baking tray on the lower rack and heat oven to 250C.
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Stir in the panko breadcrumbs, thyme, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, for 5 mins, or until the crumbs turn a dark golden brown. Transfer crumb mixture to a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the mustard and eggs. And in a third bowl, add the flour.
- Grease an oven-safe wire rack with oil and place it over a baking tray.
- Season each piece of fish with salt and pepper, then dredge in the flour, then mustard/egg mixture, then the breadcrumb mixture, making sure the fish is well coated with each mixture before moving onto the next.
- Transfer the coated fish pieces to the greased wire rack.
- In a large bowl, add the potato wedges, and the remaining 4 tbs oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully spread the potatoes out on the preheated baking tray and return to the lower rack of the oven. Roast the potatoes until they’re slightly golden and crispy, tossing after 15 mins of cooking.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 210C and transfer the tray with the fish to the top rack of the oven. Bake until the fish is flaky and golden, and the potatoes are golden brown and tender, around 10-15 mins longer.
- Remove the fish and chips from the oven. Add more salt to the fish and potatoes if needed, then serve immediately, alongside tartare sauce and a side salad.