Banana ghosts or Boo-nanas? Either way, these are an easy and healthy snack to make to get in the Halloween spirit this October! Recipe supplied by Australian Bananas
Making dessert in a pinch? Mug cake is the answer! With gooey choc chips and deliciously creamy Australian Bananas, this recipe is a hit!
Recipe created by Megann Evans & Tim Montgomery and supplied by Australian Bananas
- Spray a microwave-safe mug with cooking spray.
- In a mug, melt the butter in the microwave, for about 10 seconds.
- Once melted, add the brown sugar, egg, milk, and mashed banana and stir. Once incorporated, add the flour with baking powder. Stir until combined then top with chocolate chips.
- Microwave for approx. 2 minutes.
- Let rest to cool in the microwave for approx. 5 minutes before adding sliced banana or desired toppings.
For the best results use an overripe banana.
Placing a plate under the mug will make cleaning up easier if it does end up overflowing.
If you don’t have flour + baking powder, you can use self-raising flower.
Microwave: every microwave is very different, so results may vary slightly. You may need to cook for 1 minute 45 seconds or 2 minutes 15 seconds. Start with 2 minutes.