Are you looking for a flavourful low-fuss dinner recipe that can pre-prepared the day ahead? This recipe allows you to cook the meat and vegetables all in one saving time and effort. These juicy chicken skewers are bursting with flavour…
- 8 chicken tenderloins, threaded onto metal skewers
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 bird’s eye chilli, (seeded, optional)
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 plums, stone removed and quartered
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste, Lemon wedge, to serve
- To make the plum sauce, heat one tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and gently sauté the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the tomato paste, plums and white wine and keep cooking for a further 5 minutes until the plums are cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly, then puree until it becomes a thick sauce. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil on a grill plate until hot and bbq the chicken skewers for 4 minutes on each side.
Serve with a side of grated slaw and place the spicy plum sauce in a small dish.