Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 8 hours
How’s this for a weeknight dinner? Indulge in our decadent Slow Cooked Beef Brisket Burgers. The smokey meat, and crunchy fresh coleslaw are the very best of friends.
- 1kg beef brisket
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups barbeque sauce
- 750ml hot water
- 2 beef stock cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ green cabbage, thinly slices
- 3 carrots, grated
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 brioche buns, toasted
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 150g rocket
- Firstly, seal the beef brisket on all sides in a frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- Transfer the beef to a slow cooker along with the onion. Dissolve the stock cube in the hot water, then pour over the meat. Note: The liquid should cover at least half of the beef, so you may need to add more or remove some liquid depending on the size of your slow cooker.
- Pour over 1 ½ cups of the barbecue sauce. Put on the slow cooker lid and cook for 8 hours, ensuring you turn and baste the meat a few times throughout that time. Once cooked, pull apart the brisket with two forks and stir through remaining barbeque sauce.
- To prepare the coleslaw, add the red cabbage, green cabbage and grated carrot to a bowl. Add in the mayonnaise and mix well to combine.
- To assemble the burgers, slice the toasted brioche buns in half. Top with a generous serving of coleslaw, a slice of tomato, some beef brisket and finish with rocket. Enjoy!