Love is in the air! Create the cutest Valentine’s Day dessert for your loved ones with these Berry Filled Love Notes 😍♥️
Red Nose is a charity that aims to eradicate sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh beetroot puree* (see notes)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons beetroot powder or 5-8 drops of natural red food colouring
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350’F (175’C). Grease a 24 count doughnut -hole pan or mini muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the beetroot puree, sugar, egg, vanilla, olive oil (and beetroot powder, if using). Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until combined.
- Drop approximately 1 rounded tablespoon of batter into each hole in the prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool completely before garnishing with powdered sugar.
Special Equipment | 24 doughnut hole pan (or a mini muffin pan)
Notes | to make beetroot puree, use approximately 125 grams (1 cup) of chopped fresh beets, leaves & stem removed. Steam the beets for approximately 5-8 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Add the beets to a food processor and puree until smooth.