Blueberry Pancake Pudding with Mascarpone is our version of the humble bread & butter pudding. Full of flavour, colour and creamy mascarpone, this Berry bite will keep everyone happy and full! An easy set and forget recipe, you’ll have time to make seconds and thirds, for sure!
This was made in collaboration with the Melbourne Food Nerd!
- Add the flour, egg, milk, sugar and baking powder into a large bowl and whisk to combine until smooth
- Add blueberries and gently fold through the mixture
- Add a generous spoon of butter to a pan, and cook each pancake for a few minutes on the first side until bubbles appear then flip. Cook for a further 2 minutes (approx)
- While the pancakes are cooking, make the custard mixture using eggs, milk, vanilla essence, sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Once your pancakes have finished cooking, cut them in half and add the pancakes in two rows into a baking dish.
- Pour the custard over the dish contents
- Add fresh strawberries and blueberries
- Cook in the oven to cook for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, sprinkle with icing sugar, serve with mascarpone and enjoy