Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour
Our NEW cheesy Broccoli & Cauliflower Bake is a side dish to conquer all side dishes!
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Break the leaves off the cauliflower and then break into small florets. Break the broccoli into small florets too.
- Select a very large saucepan and cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 5 minutes. Then add the broccoli and cook for 3 more minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large ovenproof dish.
- For the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Then add the flour and mustard powder and cook for 1 minute, stirring as you go.
- Remove from the heat and gradually add the milk while stirring constantly to remove any lumps. Keep stirring the mixture and bring to the boil. Once it’s boiling, turn down the heat and allow to simmer and cook for 2 minutes, until it has thickened and is smooth.
- Add ¾ of the cheese and the salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from the heat and stir through the chopped chives.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the broccoli and cauliflower and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 35-40 mins until the top is golden brown.