This refreshing and easy summer dish comes together in no time. Sweet juicy watermelon, crispy cucumber, and feta cheese are tossed with a simple honey lime pepper dressing and topped with mint for a cooling summer salad.
If you have family member’s that screw their faces up when they hear Brussels sprouts… well this recipe is for you! Brussels sprouts never tasted so good (except when fried with bacon… because everyone loves bacon!), or so easy to serve up in such a delicious manner! Another idea is to add a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese over the top when ready to serve. If you don’t have pecan’s on hand, simply swap with other nuts such as walnuts, macadamia nuts or cashews.
- Cook the brussels sprouts, covered in boiling salted water until only just tender, approx. 8 -10 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat a fry pan over medium to high heat and melt 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Add in the Brussels sprouts, fry for 3-5 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining butter in small saucepan and brown the pecans, ensuring not to let them burn.
- Pour the pecans with the butter over the Brussels Sprouts, season with salt and pepper to taste, toss and serve.