Stop! You neeeed to try these Capsicum Pesto Eggs!
Loaded with veg, flavour and spice, this brekky pleaser will become your go-to for every meal- don’t say we didn’t warn you! Can handle some spice? Customise this Cap’ recipe to your spice spectrum!
- Char capsicums until black (approximately 30 minutes) on the stove/grill. You can also do this on a barbecue.
- Once charred, cover capsicums with plastic wrap on a plate and leave for 30 minutes. Peel skin and remove seeds
- Add the capsicum into a food processor with the garlic, basil, chilli (to taste) and a splash of olive oil. Season and blitz for 20 seconds.
- Add whole cashews and grated parmesan to taste, blitz again for another 20 seconds
- Add pesto to a hot pan, lower heat and crack eggs in
- Toast your bread and add your smashed avocado (season with lemon juice and salt/pepper)
- Put pesto eggs onto the bread and garnish with fresh parsley and lemon juice
- This will make extra pesto that you can keep in the fridge and enjoy with fresh fruit or to make the recipe again!
- You definitely will want to have some more lying around so you can make the pesto in advance!– @Melbournefoodnerd