These delectable Indian fritters are a true delight for the taste buds. Thinly sliced onions, generously spiced and enveloped in a chickpea flour batter, are fried to perfection until golden and crispy. Pairing them with cucumber raita, a refreshing dip…
These optionally spicy, chilli Lime chargrilled Portobello Mushrooms make dinner time exciting. Swap the meat for the heat with this recipe, full of flavour and herby deliciousness!!
Make room for Mushroom Tacos!
This recipe was made in collaboration with the Melbourne Food Nerd!
- Wash the Mushrooms and dry. Cut in half.
- Squeeze the juice from one Orange and one Lime
- Add cumin, oregano, olive oil and crushed Garlic to the juice. Mix together
- Add the mushrooms to a snap-lock bag and pour the marinade in. Gently cover the Mushrooms. Place in fridge
For the tortillas:
- add your flour, salt, oil and water to a bowl
- Combine with a spoon and then add to a lightly floured surface. Knead well
- Cut into 8 equal sized pieces and roll out with a rolling pin and leave on a floured surface until ready
- Make your Guacamole by adding Avacado to a bowl with salt, pepper, chilli flakes and Lime juice
- Chop Pineapple, add into a bowl with Lime juice, green chilli and coriander. Mix
- Add marinated Mushrooms to a hot grill pan for approximately 5 minutes on each side (until charred). Slice Mushroom
- While the Mushrooms are cooking, cook the tortillas in a pan with a tiny bit of olive oil, turning when lightly brown (approximately one minute each side)
- Assemble your tacos, starting with Avocado, then add the mushroom and the pineapple salsa
- Serve with a squeeze of Lime juice, more chilli and Coriander to taste