This pretty plate is our new Charred Tomatoes with Yoghurt – a delicious side dish that’s sure to impress both eyes and tummies everywhere! Creamy yoghurt topped with roasted Tomatoes from your local Fruit and Veg shop.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan forced and line a large, rimmed tray with baking paper.
- Place the tomatoes onto the lined tray. Next, add the oil, cumin, brown sugar, garlic, thyme, oregano, half the lemon zest, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Roast tomatoes in the oven for 20 mins, or until the tomatoes are beginning to blister and bubble. After this, switch the oven to the grill setting and grill for 5 mins or until the tomatoes are starting to blacken on the top.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, combine the yoghurt with the remaining lemon zest and ¼ tsp salt. Set aside in the fridge. then return to the fridge.
- When the tomatoes are done, spread out the cold yoghurt on a large plate. Spoon the tomatoes and pan juices on top. Top with additional thyme & oregano. Enjoy with some toasted flatbread for the ultimate starter!