Looking for a vegetarian dish to impress even the most ardent meat-loving family? Then look no further than these flavoursome slurpy mushroom noodles. The classic Sesame-Ginger combination draws out the rich umami taste of the mushrooms and served with a…
Everyone loves a pasta bake! Especially the kids, but it’s always so hard to fit those extra much-needed veggies in! By using the Blenditarian method, you can make this Cheesy Pork and Mushroom Blended Bolognese Bake with 50% mushrooms and 50% mince. And the best part – the kids won’t even know!
This recipe was created by Blenditarian!
- 250g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 250g pork and veal mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 x 420g can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup passata
- 1 tbsp Italian herb mix
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 500g dried penne or spiral pasta
- 250g grated cheese
- Fior di latte, sliced
- Parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon to the pan and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes. Add carrot and celery to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add mince to the pan and cook, stirring until lightly browned. Add the mushrooms to the pan, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato soup and passata. Season with salt and pepper then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fold the cooked pasta and half of the grated cheese through the sauce. Transfer the mixture to a rectangular baking dish. Top with the remaining grated cheese and fior di latte slices.
- Place the pasta bake in the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with chopped parsley.