Looking for a vegetarian dish to impress even the most ardent meat-loving family? Then look no further than these flavoursome slurpy mushroom noodles. The classic Sesame-Ginger combination draws out the rich umami taste of the mushrooms and served with a…
Pack some mushies into your weeknight meals!! Our yummy Harissa Meatballs with Roasted Pepper Couscous Salad are sure to please the family any night of the week!
This recipe is provided by Blenditarian
- 125g mushrooms, grated
- 375g beef mince
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Harissa Spice mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups pearl couscous
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 red capsicums
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 sprigs parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs mint, leaves chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 200℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place capsicums on the prepared baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Transfer to the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until softened and charred on the outside. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the meatballs by combining the grated mushrooms, mince, bread crumbs, egg, spices and salt in a large bowl. Mix to combine then roll into 12 even meatballs. Set aside.
- Place the vegetable stock in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add couscous and butter. Stir to combine then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- In the meantime, peel and deseed the roasted capsicums. Slice the capsicum into strips and place in a large bowl with chopped parsley and mint. Once the couscous has cooled slightly, add it to the bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a BBQ or grill over medium-high heat.
- Lightly drizzle meatballs with a small amount of olive oil. Transfer to the BBQ or grill plate and cook for for 4-5 minutes before turning. The meatballs will turn easily when ready. If they are sticking to the grill, allow further cooking time before turning. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve the meatballs with couscous salad and lemon slices.