Looking for a vegetarian dish to impress even the most ardent meat-loving family? Then look no further than these flavoursome slurpy mushroom noodles. The classic Sesame-Ginger combination draws out the rich umami taste of the mushrooms and served with a…
These Mexican Meatball Subs will be a crowd-pleaser this summer! ☀️ Made with the 25% to 75% mushroom to mince ratio, these subs are packed with hidden veg that adds great umami flavour and added fibre! ?
This recipe was created by Blenditarian
- Preheat oven to 180℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add mushrooms, mince, bread crumbs, egg, 1 tablespoon of the Mexican taco seasoning and chopped coriander to a large bowl. Mix to combine then roll into 12 evenly-sized meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- In the meantime, combine the salsa and remaining Mexican taco seasoning in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from the oven and place in the saucepan with the sauce. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut each bread roll in half. Place 3 meatballs in each roll and top with grated cheese. Place in the oven to bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top each sub with diced avocado, jalapeños and extra coriander.