Along with the fresh thyme and basil, this couscous salad recipe is all about the tomatoes. The combination of roasted and fresh tomatoes creates a wonderful texture and flavour!
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes (half for roasting, half raw)
- 1 cup Pearl Cous Cous
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup Roasted Chickpeas, tossed with ½ tsp smoked paprika before roasting
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup Crumbed Feta
- Juice from a lemon
- Thyme, extra for garnish
- Fresh Basil, for garnish
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200℃
- Strain chickpeas and place onto bake tray, sprinkle with paprika. Roast chickpeas until crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Slice ¾ of the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them with their cut side up on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt before putting it in the oven. Roast the tomatoes until they’ve shrivelled and browned around the edges.
- Dice the cucumbers and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the couscous according to the package instructions, drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, a pinch of salt, and black pepper. Add the cooled cous cous and toss. Slice the remaining cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the bowl with the roasted tomatoes, chickpeas, basil, cucumber, and feta. Top with more fresh herbs and feta. Season to taste.