Are you looking for a flavourful low-fuss dinner recipe that can pre-prepared the day ahead? This recipe allows you to cook the meat and vegetables all in one saving time and effort. These juicy chicken skewers are bursting with flavour…
4 - 6
Delicious Greek Chicken Gyros! Using quintessential greek flavours like creamy Tzatziki, these DIY Gyros are sure to delight and satisfy your family for lunch or dinner.
- 750g chicken breast, thickly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 ½ tbsp mixed herbs
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 3 small cucumbers, diced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh parsley leaves
- 4 - 6 pita breads or flatbreads
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges and tzatziki, to serve
- Place the marinade ingredients in a zip lock bag and massage to mix thoroughly. Add the chicken to the zip lock bag and massage to ensure all the chicken is covered. Marinate for 2 – 6 hours.
- To make the salad, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and parsley in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan over a medium to high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place the cooked chicken onto a plate. Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- To assemble the gyros, place a pita bread or flatbread (best served warm) on a plate. Place some salad down the middle of the bread, then top with chicken and tzatziki. Serve with a lemon wedge if desired. Enjoy!