These candied orange slices are a perfect sweet treat to serve guests with coffee over the festive season. Although they look sophisticated, they are surprisingly easy to make and store in the fridge. Cara Cara oranges are the perfect oranges…
Our NEW Choc Cherry Brownie Slice is a) delicious and b) the perfect gift for foodies! If you need a last-minute gift to give a friend or loved one, box some of this up and get gifting! ?
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Place the butter and 250g of dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat, then quickly add in the eggs, sugar, flour, cocoa, cherries and 1 cup of desiccated coconut. Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined slice pan. Bake brownie in the oven for 25-30 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with only a few crumbs. If you like a chewier brownie, you can pull it out of the oven earlier.
- Allow brownie to cool in the pan for 10-15 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the brownie is baking, heat the cream in a small saucepan over a medium heat, bringing to just below boiling point.
- Place the remaining 200g of dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl, then pour over the hot cream, stirring until mixture is melted and smooth. Set mixture aside to cool for 20-40 mins until the ganache is at room temperature.
- To serve, spread the ganache over the brownie, top with extra cherries and sprinkle over some more desiccated coconut.