I’m dreaming of a White Christmas….bark! This sweet and savoury treat will be gone in an instant at your festive get-togethers.
Our NEW Choc Cherry Brownie Slice is a) delicious and b) the perfect gift for foodies! If you need a last-minute gift to give a friend or loved one, box some of this up and get gifting! 🍒
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Place the butter and 250g of dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat, then quickly add in the eggs, sugar, flour, cocoa, cherries and 1 cup of desiccated coconut. Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined slice pan. Bake brownie in the oven for 25-30 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with only a few crumbs. If you like a chewier brownie, you can pull it out of the oven earlier.
- Allow brownie to cool in the pan for 10-15 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the brownie is baking, heat the cream in a small saucepan over a medium heat, bringing to just below boiling point.
- Place the remaining 200g of dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl, then pour over the hot cream, stirring until mixture is melted and smooth. Set mixture aside to cool for 20-40 mins until the ganache is at room temperature.
- To serve, spread the ganache over the brownie, top with extra cherries and sprinkle over some more desiccated coconut.