This Crusty, Creamy Onion Tomato Soup will make you feel so cosy, you’ll be too sleepy for seconds! Packed full of fresh veg and flavour, this roasted Tomato soup is better than you could ever can. Love to see it,…
This hearty soup will warm your belly with every spoonful. A fantastic winter warmer, that’s easy to make big servings of for families. The grilled cheese croutons add another element to this tasty dish.
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium red capsicum
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 500 grams of whole plum tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 slice toasted multigrain sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/4 cup shredded aged white Cheddar cheese
- Sauté peppers and onion in a cooking pot in melted butter over medium-high heat for 10 minutes until golden. Stir in the garlic, tomato paste and paprika and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, vegetable broth, sugar, kosher salt and pepper.
- Crush the tomatoes into chunks with the back of a spoon. Then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the cream and basil; season with salt and pepper. Top with Grilled Cheese Croutons.
- Grilled Cheese Croutons: Rub the bread with garlic clove and place on a baking sheet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil the bread until the cheese is melted and golden. Cut into 3 centimetre chunks.