Topped with fresh berries and of course – fresh coconut from your local fruit and veg shop, this is one of our favourite comfort eats at the moment. Our new Vegan Coconut Rice Pudding is warm, decadent, filling and flavourful.
- 350ml fresh coconut milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups pre-cooked rice (we used jasmine)
- ½ cup chopped fresh coconut meat
- Handful of raspberries, for garnish
- Handful of strawberries, for garnish
- Handful of blueberries, for garnish
- 1 tbs maple syrup, for garnish
- Mixed seeds, for garnish
- In a pot on the stove, place the fresh coconut milk in and let it bubble for one minute, then lower and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add in the cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup, simmering for a few more mins.
- Add in the rice, and simmer once more for 10 mins until the rice becomes creamy.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl. Top with fresh coconut, berries, maple syrup, and seeds.