If you’re going a little more “fancy” this Mother’s Day, we have the dish for you.
This delicate crab and grapefruit salad is a flavour sensation. There is minimal effort required to make this salad, however it really is a dish that is sure to impress. Serve this salad on top of a bed of lettuce for a shared dish or as single serves in a simple glass jar (or the inside of a grapefruit) as a simple appetizer or entrée. This beautiful tantalizing salad is perfect to serve for when you’re wanting to make someone feel pretty special, perfect for Mother’s Day.
- 400 grams Crab meat, cooked (picked over to remove bits of cartilage)
- 1 sml/med Pink grapefruit, peeled, segmented and chopped
- 2 Red delicious apples, cored and finely sliced and chopped
- 1 Lg Celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Grapefruit zest
- 2 tsp Grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Onion shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Combine all the salad ingredients in to a salad bowl and gently toss together.
- To make the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in to a small bowl and beat together until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and fold through.
Serve this salad over a bed of lettuce. If you want to make a real impression you can also scoop out the inside of 6 grapefruit halves and spoon the salad in to the grapefruit shell, Serves as individual serves, this would make a lovely appetizer.