We don’t know about you but we LOVE soups during the cooler months so we couldn’t help but create another delicious recipe for you to try! Our new Golden Soup is packed with delicious Potato, Pumpkin and Leek
Warm up on a cool day with our Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Soup. With a delicious broth, flavoursome chicken and hearty veggies like carrot and broccoli, this dish will fill you up and give you lots of important nutrients
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 5 cups broccoli, stems removed and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- In a large pot, sauté the onion, celery, and carrot in oil until soft and beginning to brown (approx. 10 mins).
- Add the garlic, bay leaf and chilli flakes (if using), then sauté for another minute or so before adding in the chicken stock, milk and cornflour. Note: Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp water before adding.
- Bring contents to a simmer, then add the broccoli florets and chicken.
- Allow to cook for 15 mins, then season with salt, pepper and lemon juice (if using).
- Serve while warm and enjoy with some crusty bread or on its own.