Take a break from chocolate this holiday and enjoy a healthier version of apple pie. This festive dessert features seasonal apples simmered with sugar and cinnamon and topped with whole wheat pastry crumbs and vanilla yoghurt. A pair of pastry…
Looking for something sweet this coming Easter that doesn’t consist of either chocolate or hot cross buns?! We have you covered with these fantastic passionfruit cupcakes the whole family will love.
Take advantage of an abundant supply of passionfruit currently in season and try something new. The sweet yet subtle tropical flavours of the passionfruit sure shines through in these light fluffy cupcakes. Decorate your cupcakes all things Easter, perfect if you’re entertaining or perhaps enjoying a picnic over the long Easter weekend.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 – 18 cupcake liners, the number will depend on the size you are using.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour and mix through with the creamed butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the passionfruit pulp and milk. Add to your cupcake batter and stir through ensuring there are no lumps.
- Scoop the cupcake batter in to your cupcake cases two thirds of the way up.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until done.
- Set aside too cool for 5 minutes, before turning out to a wire rack.
For Passionfruit syrup:
- Add all the syrup ingredients to a small saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Continuously stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Drizzle over warm cakes to serve.
You can either ice these delicious cupcakes with your favourite variety of frosting such as a butter icing or cream cheese. Decorate how you wish. These cupcakes can also be served with a passionfruit syrup. Make the passionfruit syrup as suggested below and drizzle over while the cupcakes are still warm soon after they come out of the oven.