Looking to spice up your taco game? Why not give our Eggplant & Chicken Tacos a try! Soft tortillas topped with aioli, rainbow slaw, Eggplant, chicken, and an assortment of garnishes makes for a delightful lunch or dinner! ?
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 small eggplants, diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 100g diced tomatoes
- ½ cup coriander, chopped + extra to serve
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- ½ Granny smith apple, grated
- 1 small beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 12 mini tortillas
- Aioli, to serve
- Feta, crumbled, to serve
- Peanuts, roughly chopped, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- In a large frypan, heat olive oil. Add in the chicken, diced eggplant, tomatoes, and seasonings and cook over a medium heat until well coated and the eggplants are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Meanwhile, combine the grated carrot, apple, and beetroot to make a slaw.
- To assemble the tacos, spread some aioli in the centre. Top with the eggplant and chicken mix, then top with the slaw. Finally, garnish with feta, coriander, peanuts and serve with a lime wedge.