Looking for a vegetarian dish to impress even the most ardent meat-loving family? Then look no further than these flavoursome slurpy mushroom noodles. The classic Sesame-Ginger combination draws out the rich umami taste of the mushrooms and served with a…
Meatballs are always an instant hit whether you’re pleasing a crowd of one or many. Made with the Blenditarian method, these Greek Meatballs with Feta Sauce and Cucumber Salad are packed with flavour, and blend 25% Mushroom with 75% Lamb Mince. Try out The Blend method and pick up some Mushrooms at your local Fruit & Veg shop and try this recipe today!
This recipe was created by Blenditarian!
- GREEK MEATBALLS
- 125g mushrooms, grated
- 375g lamb mince
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- 1 tsp salt
- FETA SAUCE
- ¾ cup Greek yoghurt
- 100g Danish feta
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried mint
- CUCUMBER SALAD
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into large pieces
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 2-3 sprigs mint, leaves roughly chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 pieces flat bread, to serve
- Preheat BBQ or grill plate to medium-high.
- Combine the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix the ingredients together then roll into 12 even meatballs. Set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Use a whisk or stick blender to mix until combined and smooth. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- To make the salad, combine the chopped cucumber, olives, parsley and mint in a bowl. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over the salad. Toss to combine. Season with salt.
- Lightly drizzle meatballs with a small amount of olive oil. Transfer to the BBQ or grill plate and cook for for 4-5 minutes before turning. The meatballs will turn easily when ready. If they are sticking to the grill, allow further cooking time before turning. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Place the flatbread on the grill for 30 seconds on each side to heat through and lightly toast. Remove and cut into wedges.
- Serve the meatballs with cucumber salad, feta sauce and flatbread.