Inspired by the bountiful flavours of Autumn, Melbourne Food Nerd has created this gorgeous Grilled Eggplant Sauce that pairs perfectly with gnocchi. This dinner will warm you right up from the inside out as the weather starts to cool. Grab your blanket, put on your fluffiest socks, sit back and delve into this ultimate comfort dish!
Click here to make your own homemade gnocchi.
- Dice your onion and garlic. Add 3-4 tsp of olive oil to a pan. Sautee onions and garlic off until transparent.
- Loosely rip your basil and de sprig your oregano.
- Add crushed tomato to your pan and stir to combine.
- Add in your basil and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Once combined, lower the heat to a low simmer stirring occasionally.
- Slice your eggplant longways, this should be between 6-8 slices.
- Coat the eggplant in salt to help draw moister out.
- Brush your eggplant with olive oil and cook through on a grill.
- Once grilled, chop your eggplant up into bite-sized pieces and add to your Napoli Sauce, stirring to combine.
- Add to your gnocchi (or pasta of choice) and finish off with some grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves.