If you’re wanting to add more green Veg into your day, look no further than our Broccoli & Kale Pesto Pasta 💚 It’s a great meal prep dish – perfect as a healthy lunch for the week ahead.
Why dine out, when you can dine in and enjoy this decadent gnocchi with browned butter and sage? Whether you’re using store-bought gnocchi, or preparing your own – this restaurant quality dish is a favourite.
- To make the gnocchi by hand, boil potatoes in a large pot until tender. Remove potatoes from the pot and allow to cool, then remove the skin. Then pass potatoes through a potato ricer.
- Mix together the flour and salt and place on a flat surface, making a well in the centre. Add the potatoes and egg, mixing together with your fingers to form a soft dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut small amounts of dough to form long ropes and cut into 2cm pieces. Sprinkle each piece with a bit of flour and toss to ensure they don’t stick together.
- Allow the gnocchi to rest for 20 mins before cooking.
- To cook the gnocchi, in a large pot of salted water, gradually add your gnocchi and wait for the gnocchi to float to the surface. Once they float to the surface, they’re cooked!
- Transfer your cooked gnocchi to a hot pan with the butter, and form an even layer of gnocchi in the pan. Allow the gnocchi to sear on one side, until golden.
- While your gnocchi is cooking away, prepare your sauce in a separate pan. Toss in your butter, and allow to melt before adding in the sage leaves. Stir until the butter begins to brown and the sage leaves begin to crisp. Remove from heat.
- Add your gnocchi to the butter and sage sauce, and finally add your lemon zest, salt and pepper and stir before serving.
CHEAT’S VERSION: Buy store bought gnocchi and skip steps 1-4.