- 80g (1/2 cup) roasted salted macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lamb backstraps
- 100g mesclun
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, cut into thin wedges
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 100g goat cheese, broken up
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, crushed
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the backstraps and cook on high for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked the way you like it. Remove from pan and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the mesclun, pears, fennel and tomato in a large bowl, add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve sprinkled with cheese and nuts.
For the dressing: Combine the oil, vinegar, mustard and garlic in a jar, shake until combined.