Beat the summertime heat with these deliciously refreshing crushes! Kids and adults alike are going to love them and best of all they are super healthy while tasting like a treat. In summer it is particularly important to keep your…
This simple to prepare Mango Buddha bowl features loads of fresh vegetables, high fibre cooked brown rice, marinated tofu, and sweet juicy mango. Sweet and salty sesame ginger dressing bring this dish together for a quick, healthy and satisfying weeknight dinner.
- BUDDHA BOWLS
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups (450g) diced firm tofu
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 cups (90g) fresh baby spinach
- 2 large (300g) ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large (150g) red or yellow capsicum, sliced into strips, seeds removed
- 2 cups (200g) shredded red cabbage
- 1 ½ cups washed mung bean sprouts
- Bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- SESAME GINGER DRESSING
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Prepare the dressing – to a bowl, combine all the ingredients and whisk vigorously until combined. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the tofu and soy sauce (or tamari) and stir to coat. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the tofu to absorb the flavour.
3. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet, then add the marinated tofu. Cook, stirring often until browned on all sides (about 8 minutes). Set aside.
4. Portion the rice on the bottom of each bowl. Then portion the rest of the ingredients, including the cooked tofu, between the bowls. Top with fresh chopped coriander, a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and drizzle a portion of the dressing over top.