1 hr 10 mins
Freshly baked apple hand pies will make your home smell like heaven, plus who doesn’t love a sweet treat with new season apples?
- For the pastry dough add flour, sugar, salt, and butter into a food processor. Pulse on and off until the flour mixture forms into small pieces. Drizzle ice water into the mixture. Continue to pulse for another minute.
- Transfer dough onto a work surface. Knead out the dough and shape it into a smooth disc. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For the apple filling, peel, core and cut the apples. Place apples into a large bowl filled with water.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in apples, cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes. Stir in flour and continue to cook until apples are soft. Remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. On a lightly flour surface roll out the dough and cut out dough into 6 circles. Place 1/3 cup of the apple filling into the centre of each circle. Fold over the dough and push down and seal the filling. Crim the edges using your fingers or a fork.
- Brush egg over the top of the mini apple hand pies. Bake for 25-30 minutes.