Just because it’s spring doesn’t mean we have to say goodbye to comfort food. These Lamb Shanks with Potato Mash are absolutely drool worthy, and feature Carrots, Celery and Herbs from your local Fruit and Veg shop!
Capsicum, carrot and spring onion are the vegetable stars in this delicious Mongolian Beef! Served alongside steamed white rice, this dish is perfect for cool winter nights around the table with loved ones
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g flank steak, diced
- ¼ cup cornflour
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ½-1 tsp sriracha (optional)
- 1/3 cup spring onions, thickly sliced + extra to serve
- Place the diced steak in a bowl, add cornflour and stir to coat the steak.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sauce ingredients, stirring until it is well combined. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil with the butter over a medium-high heat. Add the carrot and capsicum, then sauté until the vegetables have softened slightly. Remove the vegetables from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil over a high heat. Once hot, add the steak and cook for around 2 mins per side.
- Once done, add the vegetables back into the pan, along with the spring onion.
- Pour in the sauce and stir to coat the meat and vegetables. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until the sauce has thickened – around 3-4 mins.
- Serve the mongolian beef on a bed of steamed white rice and top with additional sliced spring onion.