Love tacos? Love Mushrooms? Then you’ll LOVE our Mushroom Mince Tacos! 🌮Who says meat tacos have to have all the fun? Our vegan and vegetarian friends will adore this delicious recipe.
- 850g mushrooms
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley or coriander, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Tortillas, to serve
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced, to serve
- To a food processor, add two thirds of the mushrooms and pulse until finely chopped. For the remaining mushrooms, quarter or halve them.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frypan over a medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the onion and cook for 4-5 mins or until they are beginning to caramelise.
- Add the quartered mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 mins, or until they begin to turn golden brown. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Next, add the minced mushrooms to the pan. Cook for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally, until all the released liquid has evaporated. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Add in the spices, stirring to coat the mushrooms and onion, before adding the black beans. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 mins. If the mixture looks dry, add in a dash of water.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then stir in the spring onion.
- Serve mushroom mince on top of your favourite tortillas. We recommend topping with fresh parsley or coriander, chopped avocado and a lime wedge. Feel free to get creative with your favourite taco toppings! Enjoy!