- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Sauté onions in 2 teaspoons of the olive oil until translucent, then add the garlic and cook down together.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté on high heat. Once mushrooms are starting to brown, add an extra teaspoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Thaw the puff pastry sheet and place it on a baking tray with baking paper. Lightly score a 2cm square border around the puff pastry sheet, making sure not to cut all the way through. Using a fork, poke a few holes in the middle of the pastry.
- Add the grated cheese to the middle of the pastry and top with the sauteed mushrooms. Spray the border with olive oil spray, or alternatively, brush the border with an egg wash.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Top with chopped parsley, cut into 4 squares and enjoy your crispy Mushroom Tart!
Head to your local fruit and veg shop and pick up some fresh Aussie Mushrooms and try this delicious Mushroom Tart! This recipe is super simple and is done in under 30 minutes!
This recipe is supplied by Australian Mushrooms.