A devilishly delicious cake that is delicate, dark and divine! This recipe calls for pastry flour which helps to make the cake light and airy. If pastry flour is not available you can use plain flour, just add 2 tablespoons…
Not sure what to do with persimmons? How about blending them up and turning them in to this beautifully moist, dense, sweet cake. For this recipe you will need to make sure you are using soft, juicy and very ripe persimmons to get the best flavour. The sweet flavours from this unique fruit goes perfectly with the spices and citrus zests this recipes calls for. This cake truly does burst with amazing flavour and is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression.
- In a blender or food processor, puree persimmons until smooth, and stir in baking soda. Mix well, (it may seem to set, but not to worry).
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and persimmon mixture. Combine the flour and spices and add to persimmon mixture.
- Blend well, stir in nuts and zest.
- Spoon into a 9 inch greased cake pan and Bake at 180C for approx. 40 – 45 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar.