Looking for a vegetarian dish to impress even the most ardent meat-loving family? Then look no further than these flavoursome slurpy mushroom noodles. The classic Sesame-Ginger combination draws out the rich umami taste of the mushrooms and served with a…
Add mushies to your classic Poached eggs on toast! Sauteed mushrooms add so much flavour and are nutrient-packed for a wonderful start to the day!
This recipe was provided by Australian Mushrooms.
- Fill a saucepan with water. Add vinegar and place over high heat to bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and allow the water to settle to an even simmer. You will notice small bubbles rising from the base of the saucepan.
- Crack one egg into a small ramekin or teacup.
- Use a spoon to gently stir the water, creating a well in the centre. Gently place the egg in the pan, allowing the movement of the water to shape the egg. Allow the egg to cook for 3 minutes before removing with a slotted spoon. Repeat this step to cook the remaining eggs.
- Place mushrooms in a frying pan over high heat. Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add pesto to the pan and stir to combine. Continue to cook the mushrooms for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Toast the sourdough then drizzle with olive oil.
- To assemble, place the pesto mushrooms on the toast. Top with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.
- Season with cracked pepper and serve with snow pea tendrils.