Parcels of pure joy! Enjoy a clean dinner with our simple and delicious Pork & Vegetable San Choy Bau. Like a little heat? Don’t skip on those fresh chillies! 🌶
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 450g pork mince
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 16 small lettuce leaves, trimmed
- Crushed peanuts, to serve
- Chilli and coriander, finely chopped, to serve
- Whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce and minced ginger in a bowl.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or pan until it’s very hot. Add in the garlic and pork mince. Stir-fry the pork, ensuring you break it up to avoid clumps, until it is mostly browned.
- Add in the spring onions and half of the sauce mixture. Continue breaking up the pork until the pieces resemble the size of corn kernels.
- Add in the mushrooms, carrot, zucchini, celery, the remaining sauce mixture, and stir-fry for 5 mins.
- To serve, add dollops of the pork mixture into trimmed lettuce leaf cups. Then top with crushed peanuts, and coriander and chilli, if desired.