Your mid-morning coffee just made a new best friend! Meet our scrumptious Rhubarb Banana Bread. We couldn’t help but put a seasonal produce twist on this much-loved bread.
These Precious Persimmon Muffins are loaded with vitamins, minerals and plenty of fibre and are a fantastic way to use Persimmons (often people are not too sure what to do with this fruit).
Take advantage of Persimmon season and buy them in bulk when they are readily available. This delicious fruit (originally from China) is extremely versatile and can be added to many meals, snacks and treats just like these muffins to boost the nutritional content. They are also fantastic on their own; dice them up and add to your bowl of winter porridge, slice them and serve them with a vegetable platter or bake them in the oven drizzled with a little maple syrup. Now you know exactly what to do with Persimmons, there is no excuse not to get them next time you see them available!
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Add the pureed persimmons to a small mixing bowl and stir in the baking soda and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and beat together well.
- Add the flour, salt and cinnamon and beat until blended.
- Add the vanilla and lemon juice and stir in together with the chopped nuts.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from muffin pans and let cool slightly.
Best to serve still slightly warm.