You’re excused for drooling while staring at our new Pulled Pork Rolls. It’s hard not to when they look this good😍 Filled with tender pulled pork and a crunchy apple slaw – it’s a match made in heaven!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1.2 kg boneless pork shoulder, rind removed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbs packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- APPLE SLAW
- 1 granny smith apple, cored, cut into matchsticks
- 1 baby fennel, shaved
- 4 radishes, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ green cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ cup mint leaves, finely shredded
- 1 cup aioli (or mayonnaise)
- 6 bread rolls
- Preheat oven to 200C. Use a small knife to remove and discard excess fat from pork.
- Heat oil in a large, ovenproof casserole dish over a high heat. Add the pork and cook for 3-4 mins on each side or until browned. Remove from heat.
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, cumin and sugar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Rub the spice mixture evenly over the pork.
- Pour the chicken stock around the pork. Bake in the oven, uncovered, for 30 mins.
- Reduce heat to 140C and bake, covered, for 3 hours or until the pork is very tender. Remove the pork from oven and allow to rest for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the apple, fennel, radish, cabbage, mint and half the aioli/mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using 2 forks, shred the pork coarsely.
- Spread the halved bread rolls with the remaining aioli/mayonnaise.
- Divide the pork among the bread rolls and top with the apple slaw. Enjoy!