Our NEW Raw Apple Pie Bars are so good you’ll be using any excuse you can to eat one! Morning tea? Arvo snack? Dessert? Why not! Featuring gorgeous red Apples from your local Fruit and Veg shop, this is a sweet treat you’re going to love!
- To make the salted caramel sauce, in a large bowl, pour the boiling water over the pitted dates and allow the dates to sit for 15-20 mins. Drain the dates, reserving the water.
- Next, place the dates into a blender with 1 cup of the reserved water. Add the vanilla extract, cashew butter and salt, and blend until a sauce is formed. Tip: Add more water if needed. The sauce should be quite thick but pourable.
- To make the bars, place almonds, salt, and dates into a food processor and blend for 2-3 mins.
- Line your 8” x 8” baking dish with baking paper and press the mixture into the pan. Make sure it’s spread out evenly through the pan.
- Place the sliced apples into a mixing bowl and coat them well with the caramel sauce. Arrange the apple slices in two layers on top of the nut base, slightly overlapping with each piece.
- Place the bars into the fridge to cool for at least an hour. Cut them into rectangles and serve.