Satisfy your sweet tooth with these soft and fluffy rhubarb and almond muffins which not only taste like a warm hug but are also gluten-free and provide for a deliciously sweet, tart flavor
There is no better way warming up at wintertime than with your favourite Winter Warmer. This Rhubarb Apple Crumble is sure to become one of your new favourite winter desserts. As far as making desserts…. (or baking in general), it doesn’t get much easier than this. With minimal preparation required, most of the time for this recipe is in the cooking time. This means after a quick clean up it will be time to pour a cuppa, put up your feet and enjoy those delicious aromas that fill the kitchen as your crumble cooks.
- 3 Cup Rhubarb; sliced 1/2″ pieces
- 1 ½ Cup Apples; peeled, cubed
- 1/4 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 Cup Unbleached plain flour, (organic if possible)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar
- 2/3 Cup Oats, quick-cooking
- 1/3 Cup Dried cranberries, roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Combine rhubarb and apples and spoon into a greased 8 inch square baking dish or pie dish.
- Combine ¼ cup of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the rhubarb and apples, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in coconut sugar, cranberries and oats.
- Sprinkle over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cold with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.