Soups are ideal dinners on cold winter nights, warming and filling without being too heavy. We all have our tried and true favourites, but by the end of winter, they can get a tad tired. The delicate earthy flavours of…
We’ve got a fun take on classic ravioli for you to try at home! This is our Ricotta & Zucchini Ravioli – creamy ricotta wrapped in thinly sliced Zucchini and baked to perfection on a bed of Tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- In an ovenproof baking dish, toss the cherry tomatoes with the garlic, olive oil, white wine, balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bake for 10-15 mins or until the tomatoes begin to burst.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, make the zucchini ravioli. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, peel or slice the zucchini into ¼ inch ribbons and lay them flat on a tea towel. Sprinkle the zucchini slices with a touch of salt, then let sit for 5-10 mins to absorb water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, and basil pesto. Grab 1 zucchini ribbon, then add another on top to form an X. Now make another X with the remaining 1-2 ribbons that will overlap with the current X (like an 8-pointed star).
- Spoon 1 tbsp of the cheese filling onto the centre of the zucchini star. Bring the ends of the zucchini slices together, laying them over the cheese. Repeat with the remaining zucchini slices and cheese filling.
- Remove the roasted tomatoes from the oven and lay the ravioli seam side down on top. Drizzle the ravioli lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for a further 15 mins or until the cheese filling is warmed through and the zucchini is cooked. Serve with fresh basil and enjoy!