Tray bakes don’t get much better than this! Say hello to our NEW Lamb & Sweet Potato Tray Bake, paired beautifully with lentils and Spinach – yummo!
Did someone say Roast Lamb Chops with Creamed Spinach? This dish is a cosy, wholesome weekend dinner that the whole family will love.
- 8 medium lamb chops
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 thin lemon slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 small bunch rosemary
- CREAMED SPINACH
- 2 bunches spinach, washed
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1½ tsp each of salt and pepper
- 250ml cream
- ½ tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon slices, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add in the lamb chops and marinate for 20 mins – 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat a large cast iron, oven safe pan over a medium-high heat. Add the marinated lamb chops to the pan and cook each side for 3 mins until browned.
- Place the pan in oven for 8-10 mins or until the chops are cooked. Once done, remove chops from the oven and let rest for 2 mins. Cover to keep hot.
- While the chops are cooking, add the spinach in batches to a hot fry pan, stirring for 2 mins, or until the spinach is just wilted. As each batch wilts, remove the spinach from the pan and squeeze out any excess water. Set aside.
- Next, melt the butter in the frypan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over a low heat until the onion is soft and translucent. Add in the spinach, salt, and pepper, and cook for 1 min. Add the cream, bring mix to a simmer and cook for around 2 mins. Stir through the lemon juice.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the spinach mixture until well combined. Season with more salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon the creamed spinach onto each of the 4 plates, then place 3-4 lamb chops on top. Top with some fresh rosemary leaves and serve immediately.