Give the hearty winter stews and soups a break by trying this delicate and oh-so-crisp winter vegetable tempura. Traditional tempura batter contains egg, but we think this batter using cornflour and soda water provides a similar airy crunchiness. Try our…
Perfectly tender roasted pumpkin prepared with olive oil and fresh garlic makes for the perfect vegetarian meal or side dish!
- Preheat the oven to 200℃
- Cut pumpkin into ¼, and gut the insides.
- On a large baking sheet, wrap each pumpkin quarter in a piece of foil that is large enough to fold around the whole piece, but do not close at this step.
- Season pumpkin with salt and pepper, and nestle 1 garlic clove in the center of each pumpkin quarter. Drizzle generously with olive oil, then close the foil around the pumpkin.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, heat a pan on the stove over medium heat and roast off the pine nuts until they are just golden brown.
- Remove the pumpkin from the foil and serve with the garlic. Arrange on a serving plate, topping with crumbled fetta and roasted pine nuts.