Incorporating fish into your weekly meals is always a good idea because it’s packed full of protein, vitamin D and omega-3.
This Salmon & Fennel Tray Bake is a delicious spring dish the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed, sliced lengthways
- ½ cup green olives
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 300g baby potatoes, sliced into 5mm rounds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 small oranges, sliced
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbs fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Chop all vegetables. Note: when chopping the fennel bulbs, reserve the fronds for later.
- Place the fennel, olives, red onion and potatoes onto the lined baking tray.
- Combine 2 tbs oil, 2 tbs lemon juice and the minced garlic in a jug or small bowl, then pour mixture over the vegetables. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins or until the fennel and potatoes are tender.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Place the salmon fillets (skin-side down) and orange slices on top of the vegetables. Place tray back in the oven and bake for a further 10 mins, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- To serve, combine the mustard powder and remaining oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Drizzle mixture over the salmon. Sprinkle the tray bake with dill and the reserved fennel fronds and serve alongside your favourite side dish.