Fresh avocado and tomato are the cherry on top of this savoury dish! Say hello to our Savoury French Toast ?? If you love sweet french toast, give this one a go! We guarantee it’ll tick all your boxes!
- Heat the oven to 90C. The oven will be used to keep food warm.
- Heat a fry pan over a medium-high heat, then cook the bacon in a single layer in the pan, turning once until brown and crisp on both sides, about 6-8 mins.
- Once cooked, transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towel, then place in the oven to keep warm.
- In the same pan, add the tomatoes and lightly season with salt and pepper. Sauté until the skins darken. Once cooked, transfer tomatoes to a bowl and place in the oven to keep warm.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, chilli powder (if using) and a pinch of salt.
- Wipe out the pan, then return pan to a medium heat with 1 tbs of butter. Dip the pieces of bread, one at a time into the egg mixture, being sure to coat them thoroughly.
- Once coated, place the bread in the heated pan to cook for 6-8 mins, turning once. Cook a couple of pieces at a time, placing cooked pieces in the oven to keep warm.
- To assemble, divide the french toast between two plates. Top with bacon, avocado, then tomatoes. Sprinkle over the feta and coriander, then enjoy!